Helpful stuff and info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpful stuff and info.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The southern tip of the mainland China – Jiaoweijiao

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosefan1

Tower height: 32 m Lamp height: 34 m Range: 18 nautical miles

The Jiaoweijiao Lighthouse is located on the Jiaoweijiao, southwest of the Leizhou Peninsula [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It is the identify target and turning point goals of Qiongzhou Strait. Jiaoweijiao Lighthouse was original the metal frame structure built in Guangxu Dynasty (1893). The tower was blown up in World War II, and was rreconstructed into the stone tower in 1979. With the development of the shipping industry, the original low stale of the pile no longer meet the needs of the Maritime Security, a new tower was rebuilt in 1995.

I arrived at Xuwen County [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Leizhou Peninsula in the evening of January 25. After finished settling down, I strolled into a dark snack street, looking for food one by one, only to find almost neon signs are related to geese, so it seemed I had come to the “goose city”.

One night without a dream, and wake up at 8:00, as originally planned across the Qiongzhou Strait to take a look at the Jiaoweijiao.

According to the inscription described by the tower in the picture, it is the place to command the liberation of Hainan Island.

TAGS: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum