Helpful stuff and info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpful stuff and info.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My travel experience: Jinci Temple

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My travel experience: Jinci Temple Empty My travel experience: Jinci Temple Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm

rosefan1

If you don't visit Jinci Temple you really haven't visited Taiyuan [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Jinci Temple is located in the southeast of Taiyuan and at the source of Jin River. Jinci Temple is world-famous because it is a rare ancient ancestral temple in China. The history of Jinci Temple can be traced back to Western Zhou Dynasty, which was built to commemorate Shuyu, the second son of King Wu of Zhou. King Wu of Zhou made Shuyu a leader of one of his states. Shuyu was intelligent and he devoted himself to make his state prosperous, so his descendants built this temple for him after his death in order to honor his achievements.

Saint Mother Hall is the oldest building in the Jinci Temple which is a grand structure decorated with yellow and green-glazed edges and carved animals and each of the Figures of the Maidservants stand in the Saint Mother Hall. Together with the Flying Bridge [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] across the Fish Pond, and the Offerings Hall, these dedicate buildings are all evidence of a new era of Chinese architecture. Inside the buildings there are painted statues like the Terracotta warriors, and each of them has a different posture and expression.

To a certain extent, Jinci Temple was an imperial garden which combines historical cultural relics with beautiful landscapes [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Three hundred tablets were inscribed for it with writings by emperors, officials and poets. Now these have already formed a scenic path. The welcoming arms of the ancient trees provide an eye-catching entrance. Moreover, the numerous halls, cabinets, pavilions and bridges will keep any visitor enthralled.

More: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum