Helpful stuff and info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpful stuff and info.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love Chinese language -Allmandarin 08.15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Love Chinese language -Allmandarin 08.15 Empty Love Chinese language -Allmandarin 08.15 Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:56 pm

somnus1589

Unlike in America, problems with attendance [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and preparedness never interfered with classroom instruction, which made my teaching experience most enjoyable. And nearly to a person, the students continually exuded a childlike air about them . . . a certain navet . . . a sense of innocence to the ways of the world . . . indeed, they lacked the hardness present in so many of the students I deal with in my American classroom.
China’s Hàn yǔ shuǐ píng kǎo shì, known as the “HSK” or the Chinese Language Proficiency Test, is a standardized test developed by the HSK Center at Beijing Language and Culture University that is meant to assess the Chinese language proficiency of non-native speakers (foreigners, overseas Chinese and China’s ethnic minorities). The HSK exam aims to assess your ability to understand spoken and written Chinese, and consists of six levels: Level 1, 2, 3 (HSK Threshold); Level 4 (HSK Basic); Level 5 (HSK Elementary-Intermediate) and Level 6 (HSK Advanced). HSK certifications are issued to those who have secured the required scores. It is a widely recognized measure of one’s Chinese language proficiency level and can be used in university admissions and job applications.-Allmandarin.com
The students who I worked with were highly motivated to do their best because [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they almost universally felt compelled to achieve success at any cost; doing so is their duty to not only society, but more importantly to their family. Parents often sacrifice a great deal in the education of their child, who comes to feel deeply obligated to repay them for the education he or she has received. Many of my students said the same thing: must get a good job and make much money so I can take care of my parents.
They have worked so hard and spent so much money on my education.?The Chinese still place great emphasis [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on family . . . the ancient Confucian notion of Parental Piety . . . and on subservience to the society as a whole . . . the collectivism so sharply contrary to the individualist worldview of Westerners. Every once and a while, one is given an epiphany . . . a moment of insight, if you will . . . that provides more information than volumes of books ever can. The first of my educational moments of enlightenment came when we visited several classrooms at a middle school. After the last class of the school day, I noticed many of the students were busy cleaning the windows in the classrooms, washing the blackboards, mopping the floors, and even cleaning the bathrooms. I asked the teacher giving us the tour of the school about this and her reply was, hese activities are part of the students [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] education.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum