Helpful stuff and info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpful stuff and info.

You are not connected. Please login or register

highest sub fee.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1highest sub fee. Empty highest sub fee. Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52 am

reason +123

highest sub fee.
While recording the podcast last week, Rubi, Justin, and I discussed RuneScape's subscription fee, which is soon to increase to a whopping... $8. Eight bucks doesn't seem like much to me, but I remember when Ultima Online increased its monthly fee from $10 to $13 -- players were pretty upset. "How dare an old runescape ask for more [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?" seems to be a common refrain.

But if the runescape is good enough, why wouldn't we pay what it's worth to us, no matter its age? Consider Fallen Earth, which offers, as its highest subscription tier, a $30-per-month plan. I might pay $30 a month for a really awesome MMO (or to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] one I'm fond of). But what's the limit? $50? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? What's the highest sub fee you'd pay -- and what would you expect out of the runescape for that price?

That's a tricky question because while everyone will jump in with their "I'd never pay over XX" as soon as a runescape they want to play asks for it, the'd pay it. Plus considering inflation whats $10 today could well be $30 in a few years.
A couple years ago when I got back into mmorpgs and found there were some that didn't have monthly subs I decided to be F2P4L but then got sucked into WoW & Rift.
Paying a sub, whatever the rate should entitle you to every part of a runescape with only minor cosmetic type things as purchasable and some way of earning the currency to do so. Much as Turbine and sort of SOE are doing, as well as others I'm sure. Active subs should also get any added content outside of some major expansion added free or at discounts also.

Depends on the quality of the runescape and the pace at which it releases new content. For example, even Rift asked for 15$ as monthly subscription fee (or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) I would still subscribe to it because they actually use that money to bring more stuff to their players as the pace at which they release new content proves.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum