Helpful stuff and info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpful stuff and info.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reflection on water surface-A poem introduction about Huashan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosefan1

In liquid form water is soft and tender. In solid form it is hard and powerful.

It is praised and worshiped for its role in supporting life but cursed and feared for its role in destroying life [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Without alcohol there would be no drunken poet writing poems to wake up our minds. Without water there would no sober photographer taking pictures to please our eyes.

There would be no creeping glacier, no howling waterfall and no steaming hot spring. What is most important to me is that there would be no reflective surface to produce virtual images beneath truly fantastic sceneries [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I succeeded in fooling someone by turning a picture upside down. He in turn fooled me by telling me that he challenged a swordsman to a duel on the mountain top of Hua Shan.

Until I went to Hua Shan last week and found out that it is far from an ideal arena for 2 swordsmen to determine who the best is because the winner is always the mountain, not any one of the swordsmen.

tags: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]|[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum